Saturday 23 July 2011

A break from blogging

Well, this is it, tomorrow I fly to Lusaka and will return once I have completed 1000km row down the Zambezi, from Angola to Victoria Falls.  I can't believe after all the preparation that it is finally here - and I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!
I know all my friends think I am mad, but I can't think of a better way to spend a month, than being in the heart of Africa, with nothing but a boat for transport, a fire to cook on and a river to wash in, drink and generally have fun in (ignoring the crocodile and hippo bit of fun!).
You can follow our progress at www.rowzambezi.com, where a map will give you our 'live' position - we have GPS on the boats - so if the technology works we should be easy to spot.
I'm sure I will come back with some interesting recipes you'll all want to try - like what to do with a live goat, or how to cook tiger fish (if Dan does actually catch any!).  Until then, keep eating well.

No comments: