Thursday 10 May 2012

Allergy or intolerance?

Another visit to my Father last weekend, meant that I returned to London with bags of lovely vegetables from his allotment.  And when they are this fresh all I really want to do is eat them by the plateful, just steamed.  But I also had some rich mature cheddar in the fridge, so a gratin it had to be - with a little hemp protein powder stirred into the sauce for an extra protein kick to help me recover from training.
Training is about to taper off in the next few days, as it is only just over a week to the British Masters Rowing Championships - a race I haven't done for a few years.  The last time I was successful, so fingers crossed for this year!
Prior to that I will be spending time at The Allergy Show, a great event where food producers, supplement companies, cosmetic companies and nutrition experts are there to help you through the minefield of confusing information available about intolerances and allergies.  There is a huge difference between these, so if you are not sure which one applies to you,  you should attend and talk to some experts to see how they can help.  For free tickets follow this link.

1 comment:

Hamilton Dietetics said...

Nice! I only recently checked out your blog, but have enjoyed the post and will be back to read more.