Tuesday 1 March 2011

The Spirit of Tanzania

When I started the charity Community Projects Africa over ten years ago I never dreamt that one day I would be giving a speech at our very own photography exhibition, alongside the Tanzanian High Commissioner, at Thomson Reuters in Canary Wharf - what an amazing experience.  Giving speeches is not something I am a natural at, but this one was very important for the charity and for once I managed to hold it together until the end!
And not only did we have photographs that had been donated by our own fantastic creative volunteers (people who have travelled out to Tanzania to work on our projects), we also had the most stunning images by photographer Alwyn R Coates who takes photographs on behalf of the Born Free Foundation.
On top of that we had the very glamorous Jasmine Harman to act as auctioneer, and a host of great guests that really made the evening a huge success.

Watch this space for the next exciting event!

No comments: