Friday, 18 June 2010
Increased need for ice-cream!
Antioxidants are alright on their own (berries, peppers etc.), but why not have a treat at the same time?! It is summer after all!
Cherry Active Ice-Cream
100g Cherry Active dried cherries
50ml Cherry Active Concentrate
300ml double cream
6 egg yolks
175g caster sugar
1. Leave CA cherries to soak in the concentrate while you make the ice-cream.
2. Mix together the milk and cream in a pan then bring to the boil.
3. While they are heating whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until they are pale and light.
4. Pour in the cream, whisking all the time, then transfer back to the pan and cook for another five minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
5. Place in an ice-cream maker and churn until nearly set. Gently stir in the soaked cherries and concentrate. then freeze.