Monday 15 March 2010

The perfect day..............


Sometimes I just feel my job couldn't be any better. Yesterday for example, was spent on a trip into London to buy cheese for a feature I am writing on British cheese. So I obviously started at Neals Yard in Covent Garden, famed for it's stock of British cheeses and staff who know everything you would ever need to know about the cheeses and the people that make them. It's not just shopping, it's an education. I was served by Callum, who, it has to be said, knows his stuff. He walked me through the cheeses I wanted, telling me a potted history of the makers and those that had gone before them, and while this is going on I obviously have to taste them all. I could happily just stand in the shop and breath in the smell, but getting to taste anything you like is such a treat, and inevitably ends up with you buying far more than you had anticipated, which I did!

After that it was on to the Commonwealth Club for lunch, to discuss the virtues of avocados
with a friend John who runs a PR company. I can't believe that there needs to be PR to sell avocados - how come everybody thinks they're not good for you, when they clearly are - full of vitamins and great fats - yes, great fats, not the bad ones! Include them in your diet now please!

No comments: